Friday, June 14, 2013

Thankful Tree


We are a Thankful Family!

I had this crazy idea this year to make a Thankful Tree. In the beginning it was just going to be a paper cut out tree and I was just going to make construction leaves.  Well as usual I have to make everything hard.  My father-in-law came over while I was building the tree. And when I say building I mean building.  You would not believe how many rolls of craft paper and push pins it took to make the tree this size.  The kids wnated me to keep going.  It was as tall as my ladder would reach. I know my father-in-law thought I had lost my mind.  I thinkthe tree turned out good.  It was really special to see all the leaves that were up by Thanksgiving.  They had write one thing they were thankful for and put it on the tree everyday.  If they wanted to do more they could but they had to do at least one. I shoud've counted the leaves when I took it down.

It was so neat to read the leaves.  I loved the tree so much I left it up until February.  I kept all the leaves so the kids can go back and read them sometime. I really can't believe I don't have better pictures than these.



 This was before Thanksgiving when the tree was filling up.  I wished I had pictures of it in the end.
The first few days the Thankful Tree was up.  It slowly started getting its leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment