Friday, September 16, 2011

Grasshoppers, Grasshoppers Everywhere

Grasshoppers seem to sneaking into our lives a lot lately.  Cooper is completely fasinated with grasshoppers right now.  His bug box is full and he is very proud!  I was at the school the other day and went to check on Cooper because he had been up coughing a lot the night before.  He was on the playground and was very proud of his latest catch.  He whispered in my ear that he needed me to do him a big favor.  I must say I love that little guy a lot to help him out in his latest quest.  Somehow, I found myself (who doesn't care for bugs at all) driving home with a grasshopper in my hand.  All I could think of was oh I better get there quick and I can't drop this grasshopper he will know.  He has an exact count of how many he has right now.  The happy ones or the ones that are "sleeping".

On grandparents day Mom visits Jesse & Coopers class and find Cooper has his hand clinched with yet more grasshoppers.  Mom asked him what he had.  She didn't know what to do so she opened her purse and let Coop put them in there until they got home.  Needless to say Mom's purse brought several grasshoppers home for the day.

Several days now Coop has had his fist clinched with another treasured grasshopper when I pick him up.  When I ask him how long he has had it he says recess.  He always says "Mom, I can still write in class with my other hand."

Oh the life with little boys.  I wouldn't trade it for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment